Job Ref: E420
Job Category: Development management
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type: Permanent
Date posted: July 23, 2018
Closing date: October 30, 2018
Arch-Vision Workgroup is a leading project management consulting firm in Nigeria specialising in comprehensive project management services ranging from IT deployment through business transformation to construction project management services. We assist clients with high-value projects achieve their project goals and business objectives. As part of our services, we support organisations in the management and realisation of complex construction and development projects.
All our project teams work with a disciplined, dedicated and highly professional approach to managing projects and delivering business results. Our long reputation for honesty and integrity in business dealings instils the necessary trust and confidence we enjoy from our clients and the teams we work with.
We are seeking a Project Manager – Real Estate Development in Lagos, Nigeria.
In this role, you will work on real estate projects for one of our clients. You will coordinate their sizeable in-house project team to oversee developments, construction and capital improvement projects. Working closely with the owners of the company, this role will oversee the full cycle of the development process.
- Act as Owner’s Representative with primary responsibility for managing the company’s development, construction, capital improvement and tenant improvement projects in Lagos and different parts of Nigeria.
- Monitor a portfolio of assets financed with banks mortgage banks and commercial banks.
- Manage all aspects of the due diligence process including but not limited to feasibility studies, geotechnical evaluations, contract documentations and government approvals.
- Manage, oversee and coordinate all facets of the pre-construction, bid and award, construction and close-out phase of all assigned projects
- Manage and coordinate the team of consultants, including engineers, architects, quantity surveyors, land surveyors, planners, other third party consultants, as well as the construction team.
- Develop and manage the quality assurance and quality control sign-off systems & Manage the external consultant sign-offs
- Develop financial models, feasibility studies, and writing business plans for multi-unit residential projects and commercial developments.
- Manage consultant and contractor payment applications, including review of invoices, claims processing and reconcile budgets at end of construction.
- Receive, review, and negotiate Contractor Change Order Requests, measure overall impact on project, conformity to contract conditions and project specifications.
- Establish effective communications across the project delivery, client and stakeholder teams
- Organise and maintain framework for project team processes and record keeping of electronic and tangible documents, in keeping with quality standards.
- Input Work Plan and project assignments into appropriate software platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with preference given to Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Building Construction or Architecture
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- Project Management qualification with PMI or APM
- Professional memberships desirable
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing real estate development projects covering all areas of the development lifecycle including, feasibility, appraisals, financing, acquisition, construction, post-construction and post-occupancy stages.
- Proven track record managing large projects of N1billion naira and above.
- Experience developing business plans for new developments, feasibility studies, business correspondence, reports and procedure manuals.
- Experience securing financing for real estate projects.
- Experience conducting bid/tender processes.
- Experience working in Joint Venture partnerships.
- Experience with different methods of procurement and forms of contract.
Skills and other requirements
- Demonstrable track record of successful business development and achievement of targets or significant contributions to the same
- Sound knowledge in procurement, building contract, cost management and construction planning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft project and/or Primavera
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Ability to recognise and assess risks through the due diligence processes
Successful Applicants will be required to work from client locations or from the office at Plot 23, Water Corporation Drive, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria