Job Ref: E425
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type: Permanent
Date posted: January 28, 2020
Closing date: March 31, 2020
Arch-Vision Workgroup is a leading project management consulting firm in Nigeria specialising in comprehensive project management services ranging from IT deployment through business transformation to construction project management services. We assist clients with high-value projects achieve their project goals and business objectives. As part of our services, we support organisations in the management and realisation of their strategic initiatives and projects.
All our project teams work with a disciplined, dedicated and highly professional approach to managing projects and delivering business results. Our long reputation for honesty and integrity in business dealings instills the necessary trust and confidence we enjoy from our clients and the teams we work with.
We are seeking a Data Management and Reporting Analyst
In this role, you will work in the Information Technology unit for one of our clients.
This transformational role will direct the development and revisions to a Church Organizations’ data governance system. The role will establish configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by all functions in the Church Organisation; which will ensure a standard and cost effective approach to the long-term application of data management requirements.
Additionally, this role will lead a team to produce scheduled and ad hoc reports that demonstrate the performance of ministry and operational activities across several functions. This role will be responsible for collecting and collating data from multiple sources, producing scheduled reports and managing the data that supports the reports.
This role requires team leadership experience and a strong understanding of data processing and data analytics.
- Organize, store and analyze organisational data as professionally and effectively as possible, while also safeguarding security and confidentiality standards
- Create and implement policies and procedures for data management and continually develop data management strategies
- Develop and implement data standards and create methods for monitoring and reporting data issues
- Create and maintain Data Dictionary and ensure metadata is captured correctly to drive data awareness
- Oversee, support and train staff members and volunteers in the daily use of data systems
- Assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements
- Design, implement, and maintain reporting and analytics solutions
- Work with the leadership teams to define reporting formats, content, frequency and other reporting requirements
- Analyze data and interpret results; collaborate with leadership to verify interpretation; apply refinements when needed
- Develop, publish, and schedule reports charts, and dashboards; draw practical conclusions from the data to meet ministry requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and certifications plus relevant work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in data management tools and techniques, data analysis and report creation
- Experience with database management, data consolidation and modeling using tools such as SAS, SQL, Server Manager, ERwin, Data Modeler, MySQL Workbench, SAP PowerDesigner or other software
- Experience in the implementation of process improvement efforts
- Experience documenting requirements, creating training materials and working directly with end users
- Experience working in high volume work environments with continuously changing priorities and evolving processes
- Experience working with SharePoint Online, SharePoint On-Premise, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint personal sites, SharePoint Database usage, SharePoint Architecture, SharePoint Resource management, permissions Management
- Experience working in NGO or supporting of Government agencies is preferred
Skills and other requirements
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with reporting tools, such as SSRS, Microsoft PowerApp, Workflow (MS Flow) and Google Data Studio
- Outstanding project management skills – ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with multiple versions of Office 2013 and above
- Technical writing skills
- Fundamental IT understanding
- ITIL Foundation
- Teamwork and cross functional relationship building
- A true passion for data and data quality to provide trusted, fact-based insights
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Successful Applicants will work full time for a church organisation located between Ikate and Chevron, Lekki-Epe Express Way, Lagos, Nigeria.