Since RCco needed to develop a plan that will rapidly deliver results, our team worked closely with the CEO to achieve 4 main objectives.
1. Develop a business transformation plan that strengthens their operations and financial performance year on year.
2. Develop and implement an effective strategy for the growth of the organisation’s portfolio
3. Provide project management support for new and upcoming projects
4. Make recommendations that will improve organisational project management capability for long-term success
To achieve this:
1. Our team recommended and implemented a competitive bid strategy to replace the non-performing bid-by-volume strategy.
2. We supported the organisation to bid, negotiate and win the Zenith bank Ojuelegba project within a short period of less than 3 months. In winning this bid, we placed prices at the point all other 6 contractors would not go below.
3. During construction of the Zenith Bank Ojuelegba project, we mitigated issues between community and Zenith Bank that threatened the project schedule and cost.
By actively engaging stakeholders, we prevented an imminent law suit that could derail the project. This involved several meetings with community leaders and the Zenith bank legal team. In addition to these, we engaged the “community boys” on the site as artisans, security and for minor labor works.
4. Having lost a month to community issues, we kept the project within its timeline by crashing the schedule. This involved overtime and late night works for major work sections.
5. To monitor progress and costs on site, we established a procurements operations plan which included plant, labour and material schedules.
Furthermore, our team established estimated costs for every stage of work. This guided the contractor’s personnel in making procurements which resulted in significant improvements to the planning of resources.
6. We also supported the contractor’s team in prequalifying, selecting and negotiating with all subcontractors in order to keep within the planned budget.