Implementing your project management system – Our Approach
At ArchVison Workgroup, our teams take a holistic view of the operational and strategic aspects of your business to determine the project management system that will work best for you. We do this with a view of supporting the long-term success of your business.
Specifically, we tailor our framework for implementing PMOs to suit the exact needs of your organization with our 6-step approach:
1. Evaluate: We analyze your current project governance structure, team structures, organizational culture, cross functional relationships that exist in your organisation, your methods, tools, maturity level and the peculiarities of your organization. This evaluation provides us with an understanding of the solution that will best integrate with your current system.
2. Engage: We engage top management with the business case and results of our evaluation. We also commence gathering requirements and early buy-in from all stakeholders.
Our approach to engagement places emphasis on the importance of communicating with sponsors and stakeholders prior to developing a charter and these engagements continue throughout the different phases of developing the PMO.
3. Define: During this phase, we define the objectives of the PMO and create the PMO charter comprising the objectives, scope, performance measures, governance framework, structure of the PMO, roles and responsibilities and the reporting requirements.
4. Design: After a sign-off on the PMO Charter we design the tools, methods and procedures particularly suited to your organization. At this stage, we focus on what best suites your organization. We also conscientiously develop the detailed roles and responsibilities as well as the reporting structures and processes consistent with the PMO charter.
5. Implement: During implementation, we ensure the system designed is applied to your organization’s daily operations and we give enough authority and training to the responsible staffs to perform their functions.
6. Improve: By tracking, monitoring, reporting, enhancing and refining the PMO processes, the project management system will be continuously improved. This improvement phase also involves continuous analysis of PMO performance data and assessing the impact of the new system on your organization’s culture to identify areas of improvement